Marriage quotes are awesome encouragements that remind us in a creative way the power of love and the significance of the marriage covenant.
Marriage quotes are brief statements that inspire us to love well.
When we first were married, social media was still just getting started. It was nowhere near the magnitude at which it is today. The marriage encouragement we received came directly from people, from the pulpit, from movies, or from books.
Today, all we do is jump on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram and BAM! Marriage inspirational quotes and encouragements are everywhere! And we love it!
When we began Marriage After God we knew we wanted it to be a source of marriage encouragement for all couples, especially for those who are active online.
Along the way we gathered some of our favorite marriage quotes from the web and we wanted to share them all in one place for you!
Marriage is a heavenly created union between a man and a woman who love and support each other through all life’s twists and turns. However, even the strongest of marriages will face challenges and difficult times and one way to help bring lightness and encouragement into your marriage is with the power and simplicity of marriage quotes.
These inspirational and fun Marriage quotes are a wonderful way to remind yourself and your spouse of the love and commitment that you share with each other. They can provide inspiration, encouragement, and reassurance in tough times, and remind you of the reasons why you fell in love in the first place.
Here are some of the reasons why marriage quotes are good for your marriage:
Marriage quotes provide a simple and concise dose of perspective.When you’re going through a tough time in your marriage, it can be easy to get caught up in the negative emotions and lose sight of the bigger picture. In other words it can be hard to see the forest for the trees. Marriage quotes can be a helpful catalyst to enable you step back and gain some perspective on the situation. They can remind you that every marriage has its ups and downs, and that you’re not alone in facing challenges.
Marriage quotes remind you of the love and commitment that you share.It’s easy to take your spouse for granted and forget why you fell in love in the first place. Marriage quotes can serve as a gentle reminder of the love and commitment that you share, and help you reconnect with your partner on a deeper level. They can remind you of the special bond that you have, and inspire you to express your love and appreciation for each other.
Marriage quotes can provide refreshing inspiration and encouragement.When you’re feeling discouraged or unsure in your marriage, marriage quotes can provide the inspiration and encouragement that you need. They can remind you that your marriage is worth fighting for, and inspire you to take action to strengthen your relationship. Whether you’re facing a difficult situation or just need a little extra motivation, marriage quotes can be a valuable source of support.
Marriage quotes can help you communicate more creatively and effectively with your spouse.Effective communication is a key component of a healthy marriage, and marriage quotes can help you communicate more effectively and more creatively with your spouse. They can provide a shared language and common reference point for discussing your relationship, and help you express your thoughts and feelings in a new and colorful way. By using marriage quotes to spark conversations, you can deepen your understanding of each other and strengthen your bond.
Marriage quotes can help you keep the spark alive.Over time, it’s natural for the initial excitement and passion of a new relationship to fade. Reading and sharing marriage quotes with your spouse can help you keep the spark alive by reminding you of the love and commitment that you share. They can inspire you to show appreciation for your partner and make an effort to keep the romance alive in your relationship.
In conclusion, marriage quotes are a valuable tool for any couple. Whether you’re facing challenges or just want to strengthen your bond, marriage quotes can provide perspective, inspiration, and encouragement. By incorporating them into your relationship, you can remind yourself and your spouse of the love and commitment that you share, and keep cultivating the deep and lasting relationship you have with your spouse..
Here are 30+ Of Our Favorite Marriage Quotes & Marriage Bible Verses
- “Marriage is an always will be an earthly symbol of a heavenly truth.” – Marriage After God Book
- “God doesn’t want me to be a ‘fix him’ wife, God wants me to be a ‘love him’ wife.”- Lysa TerKeurst
- “To fully know and still fully love, is the primary aim of marriage.” – Fierce Marriage
- “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.” – Billy Graham
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)
- “Great marriages don’t happen by luck or by accident. They are the result of a consistent investment of time, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, affection, prayer, mutual respect, and a rock-solid commitment between a husband and a wife.” – Dave Willis
- “Like a soft, deep layer of mulch, transparency in your marriage will keep most weed seeds dormant and unable to sprout.” – Barbara Rainey
- “Your marriage is a gift – not just to the two of you, but to this world.” – Marriage After God Book
- “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NIV)
- “Marriage is sharing your life with your best friend, enjoying the journey along the way, and arriving at every destination together.” – Fawn Weaver
- “A good marriage isn’t something you find; it’s something you make and you have to keep on making it.” – Gary Thomas
- “A marriage cannot survive when we think only of ourselves. We need to recognize that to love someone is a choice, not a feeling.” – Christin Slade
- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” – Ephesians 4:2 (NIV)
- “Oh darling, let’s be adventurers!” – Unknown
- “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
- “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (ESV)
- “God’s Word is the perfect guidebook for marriage, and those who live by His Word will reap the blessings that obedience brings.” – Darlene Schacht
- “Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.” – Colossians 3:12-14 (ESV)
- “As a wife, I choose to honor my husband, not because I am weak, but because I am strong.” – Fierce Marriage
- Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that make up your love story. – Jennifer Smith (The Unveiled Wife Book)
- “Your marriage is the gospel you are preaching to your children.” – Matthew L. Jacobson
- “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” – John 15:12 (ESV)
- “Every love story is beautiful, but our is my favorite.” – Unknown
- “I want my life and my marriage to look less like the world and more like Christ.” – Marquis Clarke
- “What you are facing is intended to strengthen your marriage, not destroy it.” – Jackie Bledsoe
- “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22 (ESV)
- “My husband is one of my greatest blessings from God. His love is a gift that I open everyday.” – Darlene Schacht
- “It’s not the love that sustains the promise, it’s the promise that sustains the love.” – Jefferson Bethke
- “To know him fully, to love him unconditionally, to respect him always, to forgive him often, to embrace him closely, this is the gift of marriage.” – Jennifer Smith
- “A happy marriage looks to the future, not the past.” – Dale Partridge
- “What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.” – Mark 10:9
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
I like this quote: “We were together, I forget the rest.”
So simple yet so powerful!