My husband and I moved to the Pacific Northwest 2 years ago, but it has been a part of our relationship for much longer than that. Before we ever started dating, we were traveling with a group to Lynden, WA every year to work at a summer camp together.
There will always be a special place in our hearts for this majestic part of the world.
My husband and I love the Pacific Northwest and we are so happy living here. We have had a running bucket list of things to do together to help us get out and explore the awesome PNW since we moved here.
I thought it would be fun to share some of our ideas in a Date Idea List for all of you who live in or are visiting the amazing Pacific Northwest!
I broke this list down by nearest large city…however, before we get started, I had to highlight what our special state of Oregon has to offer. These are a bonus!
The 7 Natural Wonders Of Oregon
101 Awesome Date Ideas For The PNW
- Bend Oregon
4) Mother’s or Sarah’s Juice bar
5) Bonta Gelato
8) Kayaking/paddle boarding in Sunriver eating at Hola at the marina
10) Mckay’s cottage for breakfast is a must. After breakfast you could take a walk in Sawyer Park
11) Concert in the park at The Les Schwab Amphitheater
12) Live music- Jacksons corner Friday night
15) Drake Park – especially during Munchin Music.
16) First Fridays go on an art walk in the galleries downtown.
17) Dudleys Book Store Explore. Find the poem section and choose a poem to read to each other (silly or romantic), then get dessert & coffee too.
18) Picnic & Stargazing at Sparks Lake.
19) Tumalo Falls
- Portland Oregon
21) Go to Salt & Straw Together- plan ahead though, there is usually always a long line for this one.
22) Oregon Zoo -You are never too old to enjoy a trip to the zoo. This zoo is the best one we have ever been too!
24) Visit Rhododendron Gardens
29) Portland Institute for Contemporary Art
32) The Screen Door
- Eugene Oregon
34) Williamette River Bike Trail
35) Shelton Johnson McMurphy House
38) Mcdonald theatre
39) The Dunes
- Medford Oregon
42) Rogue River
44) FaceRock Creamery and check out the town of Brandon while you are there.
- Salem Oregon
45) Word of Mouth Bistro. This place has such GOOD food! Please get the cinnamon roll pancakes. You’re welcome!
48) Oregon Garden
50) Enchanted Forest
- Astoria Oregon
52) Columbia River Maritime Museum
54) Stay at Cannery Pier Hotel
- Newport Oregon
- Seattle Washington
65) Space Needle
67) Rent A Canoe At The U Of Washington
68) Waterfront Park
69) Freemont Troll
74) Gas Works Park
77) Snoqualmie Falls
- Puget Sound Washington
78) Tiliucum Village Excursion
79) Watch the sunrise at Smith Tower
80) Take a ferry
81) Whale watch with Puget Sound Express
83) Fort Nisqually living History Museum
- Vancouver BC
85) Robson Square
87) Spanish Banks
- Bellingham Washington
88) Watcom Falls
90) Nooksack Falls
91) Interurban Trail
92) Old World Deli
93) Pure Bliss Dessert & Downtown
- Lynden Washington
94) Stroll Through Downtown and admire the old Dutch Windmill
95) Dutch Mother’s
97) Overflow Tap
100) Lynden City Park or known as Million Smiles Playground
101) BelleWood Acres
Have you done any of these fun things already? If so, or if you have more fun places to add to this list, please share in the comments!