I was browsing Pinterest recently and just started reading all kinds of marriage quotes. Some were funny, some were thought-provoking, some were unrealistic and some really hit home.
Growing up, I use to love reading different quotes. I was a “book” person; I absolutely loved the library and enjoyed reading different authors and discovering different writing styles. As I have gotten older, I do not read as much as I use to, but I still have that spark in me that is drawn to writing and reading others thoughts. This was really sparked the other night and I just wanted to share with you a few that really spoke to me. I hope you enjoy and find laughs, thoughts and well, love in them.
10 Inspirational Marriage Quotes:
1. “Unless it’s mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it’s a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life. Love shouldn’t be one of them.” – Dreams for an Insomniac
2. A Husband can love his wife BEST when he loves God FIRST.
3. I love you. You annoy me more than I ever thought possible. But I want to spend every irritating minute with you.
4. “A Perfect Marriage” is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.
5. “If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.” – F. Burton Howard
6. “More playing. Less arguing.” – Fierce Marriage
7. ‘Being in love’ — is not merely a feeling. It is a deep unity, maintained by the will and deliberately strengthened by habit; reinforced by the grace which both partners ask, and receive, from God. – C.S. Lewis
8. “Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense.” – E.E. Cummings
9. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday.” – Nicholas Sparks
10. “She was my dream. She made me who I am, and holding her in my arms was more natural to me than my own heartbeat. I think about her all the time. Even now, when I’m sitting here, I think about her. There could never have been another.” – Nicholas Sparks
& well a number eleven. “People don’t love each other like we do”. My husband said that to me once and it is something I have always remembered. I think it really sums up how I feel about him – I don’t feel like anyone can love me like he does, he understands me to the depths of who I am. We “get” each other in all our weirdness and imperfection. I am truly thankful and blessed that God gave me him. I hope you enjoyed my quotes from the week and that they gave you inspiration.