I was recently encouraged by my friend Angie from Redeeming Childbirth to make a worship playlist to play during labor and delivery. Her passion is to inspire pregnant women to invite God into the process of bringing a baby into the world, especially since He is the one who knit that baby together!
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
I have been reminded that God is our strength and He helps us endure through life, definitely through childbirth.
I remember thinking I would play a curated Pandora channel with my first baby, but things progressed so quickly we forgot to even play that. But looking back, although there is room to curate a Pandora channel, it does not guarantee that the songs you want to be played will be played.
So in hopes of being encouraged through labor and delivery with specific worship music this time, I have intentionally made an iTunes playlist that I absolutely love and believe will keep me focused on giving God the glory for the opportunity to bring our baby into the world.
I am sharing my playlist with you just in case you need some ideas for songs to play during your labor and delivery.
**Or if you are not pregnant, these worship songs are great to play no matter what season of life you are in!
Worship Songs To Play During Labor & Delivery:
- Mighty Is The Power Of The Cross Chris Tomlin 6:05
- All Creatures of Our God and King David Crowder Band 5:16
- Only You David Crowder Band 4:02
- My Heart Is Steadfast (Psalm 103) Ellie Holcomb 2:58
- Your Hands JJ Heller 3:37
- Come Thou Fount David Crowder Band 4:32
- It Is Well With My Soul Jeremy Riddle 5:30
- None But Jesus Hillsong UNITED 5:29
- Be Thou My Vision (feat. Michael Bleecker) The Village Church 4:10
- I Love the Lord Natalie Grant 3:34
- Your Great Name Natalie Grant 6:01
- You Deserve 4:52 Natalie Grant
- Your Great Name (Acoustic Version) Natalie Grant 5:33
- Healer Kari Jobe 5:07
- Come As You Are David Crowder Band 4:50
- Jesus Paid It All Fernando Ortega 5:05
- Hosanna Hillsong UNITED 5:30
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) Hillsong UNITED 8:56
- You Make Me Brave (Acoustic Piano Version) Sarah Reeves 4:30
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing Chris Rice 3:44
- When You Walk Into the Room Bryan & Katie Torwalt 4:49
This playlist ends up being about 1 hour and 40 minutes long. And if I updated it or add any more I will be sure to update this list as well!
Making a playlist is a great way to invite your husband into the birthing experience as well!
Ask him to help you curate the list and be sure to add some of his favorites. You can also spend time envisioning where you will be at in the labor process when each song plays. Have fun with your husband as you two build your playlist together!
Did you have a favorite playlist you love listening too for special occasions or specific songs that helped you during labor and delivery? If so, please share with everyone in the comment section!